How does digital banking help prevent the spread of the Corona Virus - COVID-19?
COVID-19 or the Corona Virus, as commonly known, is one of the most talked about topics at the moment. The World Health Organization (WHO) continues to publish articles every day on how the new virus is spreading, constant tips on how we can protect ourselves from the virus by performing basic hygiene steps and avoiding constant human contact.
Along with the identification of the first cases in Albania with Corona Virus, BKT is going to include in this article a few facts and tips, based on the article from the World Health Organization, on how banking products and services can be used to prevent the virus spreading. According to WHO:
- Objects of daily use are a very good transmitter of the COVID-19 virus. Based on a study published by Daily Mail, the virus can survive on solid surfaces from 2 hours to 9 days.
- The risk of the virus being spread by exchanging objects to each-other is considerably high. Objects such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, banknotes, bills and a lot of others which are used every day by all of us should be used with caution.
- Human contact on public spaces, institutions, banks etc. expose us to the Corona Virus.
A representative of the World Health Organization states that using contactless cards minimizes the risk of the virus spreading. Therefore, the usage of contactless cards-meaning no contact with the seller-can prevent the virus from spreading out. It is also advised that people avoid public spaces and perform their daily tasks at home.
BKT offers many products and services to its customers and in accordance with the guidelines published by WHO suggests the usage of the following products to avoid the COVID-19 virus spreading:
- Use MasterCard contactless debit or credit cards issued by BKT for purchases (attention: by using the Contactless cards there is no need to sign the bill).
- Avoid contact in branches and use online banking channels to perform daily transactions like Internet banking and BKT Smart.
- If you need to pay for your phone bill or activate one of the bundles offered by any of the Telecommunication Companies use the application BKT Smart
- Payments or transfers to third parties can be done on Internet banking and BKT Smart.
- For additional information or to talk to a teller contact the 24/7 phone support on 042 266 288 or chat on WhatsApp using the number 0674000018.
The usage of these banking products and services are extra measures to protect ourselves from the Corona Virus, not only used in China, but also in other developed countries in Europe, Asia and North America.