Banka Kombetare Tregtare is always active and responsible and involved in initiatives for the implementation of Sustainable Development Objectives, which are the key points for achieving a better and sustainable future for everyone.
To continue its sustainable development efforts, BKT became part of the United Nations Global Compact,the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative. United Nations Global Compact is an international organization that operates worldwide with the aim of mobilizing global companies to follow and implement 10 Principles on Human Rights, Labor, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
BKT is not only a member of the United Nations "Global Compact" but also a signatory of the Women Empowerment Principles (WEP), increasingly recognizing the contribution of women and girls, who are leading the cause of important as well as to build a more sustainable future for all.
The Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) are a set of Principles offering guidance to business on how to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community. Established by UN Global Compact and UN Women, the WEPs are informed by international labour and human rights standards and grounded in the recognition that businesses have a stake in, and a responsibility for, gender equality and women’s empowerment. WEPs are a primary vehicle for corporate delivery on gender equality dimensions of the 2030 agenda and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. These include equal pay for work of equal value, gender-responsive supply chain practices and zero tolerance against sexual harassment in the workplace.The Women's Empowerment Principles
- High-Level Corporate Leadership (Corporate leadership is a key and integral part of making gender equality and women’s empowerment a top strategic priority.)
- Treat all Women and Men Fairly at Work without Discrimination (Treating all women and men fairly at work aligns with international human rights principles.)
- Employee Health, Well-Being and Safety (Employers play a key role in preserving and promoting the physical and emotional health, safety and wellbeing of their women and men employees.)
- Education and training for career advancement (Effective programmers to support women’s professional advancement include education and training that is complemented by networking and mentoring programmers.)
- Enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices (Advertising is a powerful driver to change perceptions and impact social norms –portraying.)
- Community initiatives and advocacy (Companies are increasingly investing in community development programmers to make valuable, effective and responsible contributions to gender equality and women’s empowerment.)
- Measurement and Reporting (Measuring and reporting mechanisms are crucial to monitor and track performance and progress.)
Purpose of Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
This Corporate Social Responsibility Policy, prepared in accordance with the Law “On Sponsorships”, as amended and with the Law “On Entrepreneurs and Commercial Companies” as amended, and other relevant Albanian legislation, UN Global Compact Ten Principles, ethical values, international norms and best practices in social responsibility field, aims at providing a framework for the Bank’s actions towards social responsibility in order to create a positive impact on the environment, community, clients, BKT employees and other stakeholders.
The 10 basic principles that BKT supports and implements:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
As part of the United Nations Global Compact, Banka Kombetare Tregtare supports:
- Initiative to do business responsibly by aligning strategies and operations to the principles of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption;
- Undertaking strategic actions to support the Sustainable Development of the society, cooperation and innovation;
The participant in the United Nations Global Compact shows the continuous efforts and initiative of Banka Kombetare Tregtare in creating the world that we want.