What is BKT Smart?
BKT Smart is an application that can be downloaded on Android (Play Store) or iOS phone (AppStore) by which you can check all your products that you have in BKT.
By using BKT Smart you can:
- Open a new current or saving account
- Check, open or close Deposits
- Transfer funds within your accounts, BKT accounts, national and international banks.
- Perform foreign exchange
- Check or pay your Credit Card
- Pay other Credit Cards issued by BKT
- Perform payment to General Directorate of Taxes
- Perform payment to budgetary institutions
- Perform payment to public universities
- Perform payment to General Directorate of Nurseries & Kindergartens
- Pay the customs duties
- Pay traffic fines
- Pay energy and water bill, telephone bills etc.
- Authorize Automatic Payments, modify and delete them
- Top Up to Vodafone Albania and One Albania
- Reserve & pay for insurance policies (motor, health, property, travel health)
- Open voluntary private pension fund and send funds to the pension fund
- Apply for a credit card
- Apply for overdraft
What is a Customer number or Personal number?
Customer number is a number which is provided to you when you first open an account at BKT, is the 9-digit number part of the account. You will use Customers Number at the first stage of registration and login process in BKT Smart
Personal number is the personal number of your ID card, which begins and ends with a letter. This number can replace the customer number in the registration or login process of BKT Smart
What is a password?
A password is a combination of alphanumeric characters that you have to create during registration process for your security. It should be from 6-16 letters and numbers.
What is OTP?
OTP (One Time Password) is a security step of BKT Smart registration and login process. This code is sent to your mobile number registered in BKT system.
How can I register in BKT Smart?
Firstly, you should download the application BKT Smart, if you are retail customer and you are not registered in BKT Internet Branch you should follow the steps below:
- Click on “Register” button
- Enter Customer Number (9-digit number, part of your account in BKT) or enter your Personal Number (personal number in your ID card)
- .Click on “Register” buttonChoose to register with your debit or credit card issued by BKT or unique code.
- If you choose to register with a card, the steps you must follow are:
- Select the card type (if your card has this logo, the card type is "contactless");
- Enter the last 6 numbers of the card you have chosen and then click CONTINUE;
- Enter the PIN of the card you have chosen and then click CONTINUE.
- If you choose registration with a unique code, just enter the unique code and then click CONTINUE
- Enter the OTP (one-time password) sent to your mobile number registered in BKT system
- Create an alphanumeric password from 8-16 letters or numbers
What should I do if I forget my customer number and my password?
If you don’t remember your Customer number, you can replace it with the personal number of your ID card. If you don’t have either the personal number of your ID card you can find your customer number at any of BKT ATMs.
If you don’t remember your password and there is no blocked user error message, click on “Forgot Password” button and follow the steps required to create a new password.
If it’s shown the error message “your user is blocked…” please call BKT Contact Center number +355 (0) 4 2266 288 in order to get access to create a new password.
What should I do if I block my BKT Smart account?
If it’s shown the error message “your user is blocked…” please call BKT Contact Center number +355 (0) 4 2266 288.
What should I do if I do not receive any OTP message?
If your mobile number is the same you have registered in BKT system, please check if you are inside the coverage area of your GSM Company or check your SMS inbox, it may be full. Delete all your previous OTP messages, restart your mobile device and try again.
If your mobile number is not the same with the one registered in BKT system, please update it at the nearest BKT Branch.
What should I do if I lose my mobile phone?
You have to cancel your SIM Card as soon as possible in order to avoid any risk referring the receiving of the OTP during the Login process and please call BKT Contact Center
+355 (0) 4 22 66 288 to block BKT Internet branch/ BKT Smart account.
What should I do if I receive an OTP message from BKT, although I haven’t tried to login?
If you receive an OTP message from BKT, although you haven’t tried to log in to BKT Smart, please try to change your password if possible and/or call BKT Contact Center number
+355 (0) 4 2266 288, in order to take additional action for your account security. Find safety tips for BKT Smart in detail in "Security Instructions”.
Can I update my personal data online?
You can update your address or email address online and to do so you have to go to menu:
In BKT Smart go to Profile & Settings Menu and click on the “E-mail” and “Address” field to add or modify your information.
In BKT Internet Branch go to Settings/ Contact Information or Personal Information and add or modify your information.
For security reasons Mobile number which is a very important security step in accessing online channels can be updated only in the nearest BKT Branch by presenting your ID card.
What are the tips for BKT Smart security?
You can find safety tips for BKT Smart in detail under "Security Instruction” menu in the webpage.
Can I access BKT Smart if I’m not in Albania?Yes, you can also access BKT Smart from outside of Albania. There is no additional requirement, you just need to have the same mobile number registered in BKT system and it should be active.
What operative and software system should I use to download BKT Smart?
BKT Smart is available only for Android and iOS operative system.
System Software 5.0 supports this application in the complete package.
When can I use BKT Smart?
You can use BKT Smart during 24 hours.
When can I perform financial transactions in BKT Smart?
There is no period for financial transactions. You can check your transactions online by visiting menu Current accounts/ Account statement or History. (Exception: Transactions performed after 20:00 can be reflected as transactions on the following business day, if daily banking transaction update process has begun, which begins at 20:00 and continues until midnight).
What should I do if I cannot perform a financial transaction?
If you cannot perform a financial transaction, you will be informed with a specific error message about the reason. If a general system error message is shown, for additional details please contact BKT Contact Center through telephone number + 355 (0) 4 2266 288.
What should I do if I have any complain or suggestions about BKT Smart?
You can send your complaint or suggestion by completing the webpage Form through the link: Suggestion & Complain Form or you can click Contact which is located at the top of the page on “BKT Internet Branch” to leave a message.
You can also contact our customer service at +355 (0) 4 22 66 288 every day, 24 hours, in 7days to report any complain/suggestion, through e-mail at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; through Banka Kombëtare Tregtare social media or you can send a message at WhatsApp number +355674000018.